Kebab is a prestigious Moroccan dish that is prepared for special guests or in ceremonies mainly “Eid Al Adha” because every family has to slaughter a lamb as a religious ritual, and all the families have enough meat to prepare kebabs. Traditionally, kebab is only prepared by red meat, heart or liver, but because the red meat is somehow expensive for most of families in Morocco; they turn to use turkey instead, which is commercialised nowadays in ready for use frozen packages in the nearby stores. In addition to being delicious, “turkey Kebab” takes only few minutes to be cooked. It can be prepared in various ways, but this recipe will take you in simple and easy steps to enjoy an irresistible tasty turkey in skewers.
1 kg of turkey meat without bones precisely turkey breast.
1 tsp salt.
½tsp black pepper.
3tbsp olive oil.
1tsp ground coriander seed.
1tbsp chopped parsley.
1 lemon juice.
2gs ground saffron.
Way of preparation
- Cut the breast of turkey into small cubes.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients well with the turkey cubes.
- Cover the bowl and put in the refrigerator so as to become marinated for at least 2 hours or more.
- The skewers are to be grilled on the charcoal fires “lmajmer” a charcoal grill. You may use an electric or gas grill instead.
- Put the cubes of meat into skewers and start grilling them by twisting the skewers slowly till you are sure that all sides are well grilled (for about 5 minutes ).
Serve with some spicy salad, bread and Moroccan tea with mint ( or any beverage)
Moroccan World News