Clock Kitchen Cooking School

01/02/2010
By

Clock Kitchen is here to help you gain access to and intensify your sensory experience of Morocco! From recipe to souk, through preparation to plate, Clock Kitchen, located in the gastronomic capital of Fez, will chaperone you every step of the way. This special class has been rated as the number one activity in Fez on tripadvisor.

Learn traditional Moroccan cooking with chef Souad, members of the team who have helped make Café Clock into “probably the best café in Morocco” (Footprint’s Morocco Guide 2009). They have grown up with the secrets to traditional Moroccan cooking and are passionate about keeping them alive.

What better insight into the people of the ancient Fez Medina than by fully immersing yourself in the huge diversity of flavours that keep them going? If cooking is an expression of a culture, then Fez and Clock Kitchen are shouting out loud!!

MORE THAN A COOKING WORKSHOP

Start the day at 10h00 am by choosing your menu (Menu Choices). Then it’s off to the souk, dodging the donkeys, bargaining with vendors, where Souad will get you shopping for the freshest and best ingredients. Clock Kitchen students will have access to all of Clock’s kitchen secrets!

Food sustains Fez and you can help sustain it too. By learning how to shop locally you will help traditional vendors stay that way.

By 3pm, when you enjoy the 3-course feast of your creation, you will have practiced traditional techniques to gain an understanding of the diversity of Moroccan flavors and spices. You will gain insight into the warm hospitality that’s at the heart of Moroccan cuisine and is the essence of Café Clock’s Clock Kitchen!

Don’t miss out on this unique sensory and cultural experience!

PRICES AND CONTACT

A one day cooking workshop costs 600 Dirham per person. Book now at clockkitchen@cafeclock.com

For our 2 hour bread-baking workshop with visit to the Feran (600 year old community oven) or our one day patisserie workshop contact as above.

Tags: , ,

16 Responses to Clock Kitchen Cooking School

1. Paula on 08/05/2010 at 19:14

I recently spent the day learning how to cook Moroccan cuisine from Souad, and it was a fantastic experience. Souad explains about how to cook Moroccan and how to be Moroccan. She is a wonderful personality, a great ambassador for Morocco and I would have loved to spend the day with her even without cooking. But cook we did, and it was all delicious. Today I am back in the US and tomorrow I am going to try out the recipes for some of my stateside friends. Wish me luck!

2. Tony on 25/05/2010 at 13:29

Souad is a treasure. Not only will she show you how to cook Moroccan food, she’ll teach you about it’s place in the culture and its importance as a medium for community and family cohesion. She does this with grace and charm and humour. With Souad’s help, you might just cook the best meal you eat in Fez.

3. Aimee on 29/09/2010 at 12:28

We had a fantastic day cooking at Clock Kitchen last month. We learnt a lot, not only about Moroccan food, but also about the customs, culture and life in Fez. Souad is a wonderful and attentive teacher, I would highly recommend the class.

4. admin on 06/10/2010 at 10:44

We are happy that you spent a good time with us, Clock Kitchen is here to show you some Moroccan traditions. Thanks for your comment, and we hope to see you again.

Café Clock Team

5. Joseph & Scott Berman on 17/12/2010 at 16:55

Just got back to the riad from the cooking class. I have to say it was amazing! Souad is really a treasure of a woman! I’m not really into cooking, but Souad made it enjoyable for everybody! We had such a good time learning how to Moroccan food today and would heartily recommend it to anyone.

6. khalid on 18/12/2010 at 14:29

Thanks for your comments. It’s good to know that our clients enjoy their cooking class. We hope to have you again here in Cafe Clock maybe for another class with fabulous Souad in the future.
    Cafe Clock Team

7. hind on 08/10/2011 at 19:36

my favorite place

8. Gekko Hopman on 08/03/2012 at 21:20

Bonjour from France.
    We’ve just spent a few days in Fès and had but to go back to Café Clock a couple of times. The staff is really welcoming and professional, and the food is absolutely great (and also the iced mint tea)Sitting on the roof and listening to the medina is quite a memorable experience. Just wish I could go there again.

9. Emma on 13/03/2012 at 15:58

wonderful information I will be getting your cook book, hope to visit you when next in Fez

10. Peter Bradley on 10/05/2012 at 15:42

Folks – have posted a clip of us doing the Cooking School at Cafe Clock in Fes – great time! – Really recommend it to anyone interested in seeing the real side of Morocco. Click on this link: http://youtu.be/p6-6sKABxFg or paste it into your browser.

Peter B

11. Sky boi joshua on 08/02/2013 at 22:09

I really love dat

12. golf live leaderboard on 27/04/2013 at 02:05

Thanks for another fantastic article. Where else could

anyone get that type of information in such a perfect way of writing?
    I’ve a

presentation next week, and I am on the look for such info.

13. Designer Riad for rent on 04/07/2013 at 13:43

I have also visit this place this was such a wonderful place. i really love to discover the new places just like one discussed above. and yes once again thanks for this informative post

14. S. Bolt on 26/11/2013 at 22:37

I had a wonderful day learning to cook with Souad. The food was absolutely delicious, and her magnetic personality and interesting conversation about Morocco made the day truly magical. It was really great to see the meal through from start to finish (clucking chicken to steaming pot!) Thanks again!

15. K. Baldwin on 15/01/2014 at 17:17

My wife and I and our 6 years old twin daughters recently (30 December 2013) spent a whole morning discovering the Fez market stalls and afterwards learning to cook with Souad. Had a great time. Did some serious cooking where even my kids were heavily involved (Souad was terrific with them) and by some magic we ended up with a splendid lunch. Souad is a gem. We feel we´ve definitely made a friend in Fez. Highly recommended.

16. khalid on 16/01/2014 at 15:19

Dear Ken,
    Thank your for your comment. We are so happy that our clients enjoy their time with us. Hope to see you again in Cafe Clock.
    Best Regards,